Richmond Hill (Chinese) Baptist Church
Church Member's Covenant
Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior, and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we do now in the presence of God, angels and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one body in Christ.
We commit ourselves, therefore, by the help of the Holy Spirit:
1. To walk together in Christian love;
2. To strive for the advancement of this church and God's kingdom in knowledge, holiness, compassion, justice, righteousness and mercy;
3. To promote the prosperity and spirituality of Christ's church by upholding His ordinances, practicing discipline and following biblical teachings;
4. Through the resources entrusted to us - spiritual gifts, time, and finances, to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of its ministry and general expenses, the spreading of the Gospel among all nations, and the relief of those who are in need.
We also commit:
1. To maintain family and personal devotions;
2. To educate our children in the faith;
3. To seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintance;
4. To walk carefully and responsibly in the world, to be salt and light in society, to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, exemplary in our lifestyle, and to be zealous on our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
We further commit:
1. To watch over one another in Christian love and concern;
2. To remember each other in prayer;
3. To aid each other in sickness and in distress;
4. To cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech;
5. To be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the teaching and example of our Savior.
We moreover engage that when we move to a different location, we will, as soon as possible, unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God's Word. Amen.