ESC (English Speaking Congregation) Pastor
The ESC pastor provides spiritual and pastoral leadership for the English Speaking Congregation, and is responsible for the overall direction, strategic ministry development, and shepherding of the English Speaking Congregation with support from other pastoral staff and lay leaders.
The candidate will perform pastoral duties under the general supervision of the Senior Pastor or mandates defined by the Board of Deacons.
Major roles and responsibilities
- Provide leadership in developing and casting vision, and discerning God’s direction for the English Speaking Congregation that supports the overall church vision, mission, and core values
- Oversee the strategy, development, and coordination of ESC ministries through working closely with other pastors and lay leaders in relevance to the growing profile of the congregation
- Preaching and teaching of God’s Word with sound doctrine, clarity, and relevance to a multigenerational congregation
- Commit to, lead, and model in prayer life and prayer ministry
- Commitment to the spiritual growth and development of lay leaders and congregation through nurturing, intentional discipleship, and mentorship
- Provide spiritual care and shepherding to leaders and congregation in the English Speaking Congregation
- Provide exemplary leadership to cultivate a caring church community characterized by Christian love
- Commitment to proclaiming the gospel, modeling, strategizing, equipping, and providing leadership in personal evangelism, local outreach, and missions
- Act as a liaison between the ESC and other congregations to foster cooperation and overall church unity
- General pastoral duties: conducting worship services, baptism, the Lord’s Supper, funerals, weddings, visitation, counseling, staff/ministry meetings, and pastoral administrative duties
- Evangelical background with minimum 3-5 years of full-time pastoral experience in North American churches
- A Master of Divinity degree or higher degree from evangelical seminary or equivalent
Strong leadership with vision, committed to disciple and mentor those under ministry care
- Relational, strong personal and communication skills, with a caring and shepherding heart.
- Strong commitment to God’s vocational calling
- Spiritually mature and humble
- A team player and a team builder
- Ministry experience with young adults and young families is an asset
Please send resume to email@example.com.
Part-time contract position. Approximately 20 hours a week and maybe adjusted as needed by Personnel Committee.
The worship director organizes, coordinates, and leads with a team of volunteers to conduct God-centered praise and worship services in the English Speaking Congregation.
The Worship Director reports to, works with, and is accountable to the English Congregation Lead Pastor.
- The Worship Director should be a mature Christian with an evangelical background
- Ability to lead worship music from the stage as a vocalist and with performing instrument either guitar or piano/keyboard
- Experience in worship planning and leading worship with a team of volunteers
- A gift in leadership and the ability to develop/coach others
- Relational, good communication and organizational skills, self-motivated, and a team player
- Studies in seminary or related field preferred
- In consultation with the English Congregation Lead pastor or his mandates, the Worship Director plans, coordinates, and helps lead Sunday worship services and special services in the church.
- Plan for the scheduling of worship music leaders and volunteers in the Sunday worship service, assist the worship leaders in music selection and rehearsals
- Recruit, equip, nurture and provide mentorship to a team of volunteers in worship ministry
- Communicate and coordinate with the worship team, volunteers, church staff, and other ministry teams involved in the plan and rundown of worship services
- Providing regular reporting/updates to the English Lead Pastor/church leadership
- Secure licensing for media/music and copyrights when needed
- Other worship ministry duties as assigned
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ministry Intern- Children’s Ministry
One year, contract position. Maximum 20 hours per week.
- Work closely with the ministry core team in planning for Sunday worship and other events
- Prepare to teach/facilitate in worship and fellowship programs
- Take part in various meetings as required (planning/admin/membership etc.)
- Support and encourage volunteers who are involved in Children’s Ministry
- Meet bi-weekly with supervising pastor/ministry head for input, direction, and encouragement
- Turn in weekly intern ministry schedule/report/timesheet for approval and pay processing
- The person is an active participant of an evangelical church and leads a healthy church life exemplified by the regular attending Sunday Service, church prayer meeting, Sunday school, fellowship, and in various ministries involvement
- The person has responded to God's calling as a full-time minister or is actively seeking God’s guidance in this regard by prayer and sharing with pastor(s) and other Christians
- The person should have completed an equivalent to at least one full year of studies in a Bible College or Seminary with good academic standing
- Experience working with children/youth/ ministry, an asset
Interested applicants can email your credentials to