Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Purposes of the Mission Ministry
- It is our philosophy that every Christian should grow to be a committed missionary sharing Christ wherever Christ places as one's own mission field.
- It is our duty to commission and sponsor specific individual Christians whom God has specifically called to strategic mission fields that require the commitment to go and reside in the specific mission field during the entire term of service in order to share the gospel, disciple local believers, and build local churches. It is our philosophy to develop RHCBC brothers and sisters to be sent as such missionaries by the church as God's specific calling unfolds in one's life.
- It is our philosophy that every RHCBC Christian be a missionary supporter, supporting missionaries whom God has specifically called, and support of the corresponding missions ministry.
- It is our duty to support individual Christains whom God has called to be a full time missionary-supporter by working in church recognised missions agency bodies to mobilize, enable, send, and support missionaries.
- It is our purpose to support Christian organizations that support, mobilize, and enable missionaries and missions ministries.
Functions of The Mission Ministry
- The Missions Ministry works together with the pastor who oversees the Ministry and a representative from the Deacon Board to develop both short and long term visions for Missions in RHCBC. The Missions Ministry must then actively promote and share the visions and the needs of Missions in the church.
- The Missions Ministry shall educate the congregation through various means so that the congregation shall have an ongoing awareness of current Mission emphasis in RHCBC.
- The Missions Ministry shall be in contact with the missionaries of RHCBC on a regular basis to encourage communication between them and the congregation of RHCBC.
- The Missions Ministry shall design and review policies and guidelines in the support of individual missionaries and Christian organizations, which include area of basic requirements, support guidelines, and selection procedures.
- The Missions Ministry shall present an annual mission budget to the Exectuive Board of RHCBC outlining the proposed expenditures for approvl in Members' Meetings of RHCBC.